Monday 24 August 2015

DSP Media - April (14 YEARS OLD IDOL?!!)



If you haven't heard the news yet, DSP Media have debuted a new girl group under the name of 'April'!

Now this sounds fun and exciting and I watched a couple teasers and they all looked super fresh and lively UNTIL I saw the music video this morning.

The beat was fresh and the song was sweet along with the adorable mv but the girls look so... young!


This, of course, had me digging into their ages and such and I found out that the maknae is actually 14!!!


I mean, if Seventeen didn't debut some of their members because they were young (and I agree!), and SM's trainees are also around that age but they're not debuting any time soon, this has me wondering what in the name of girl groups was DSP thinking?

What makes me even more sad is realizing that those girls will have to waste spend their teen-hood trying to maintain that 'idol' image everyone will expect from them; looking nice 24/7, smiling no matter what, following a strict diet to keep the perfect body proportions neitz, antis, and fans will demand, etc...
When I see Jimin dieting, for example, it breaks my heart.
And he's a full grown adult. Not a 14 year old!
THEY NEED TO EAT A LOT. THEY NEED TO BE HEALTHY IN ORDER TO GROW UP WELL!!!

We all know that it's hard enough to be a kpop idol, let alone a female idol. Those girls look so fragile and I really hope they are able to stand strong against all the bash and hate every idol has to face.

I think that if seniors and sunbaes took care of them, they'll do just fine and they will gain many fans as they grow up because it seems as if it's a trend now that idols are getting younger and younger each debut....


But then again, that's my personal opinion and it's only right that people might disagree (and they will) so let's not kill each other here ><



Until next time, 
xoxo

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com