Saturday 17 January 2015

The Face Shop - Real Nature Rice Sheet Mask Review

This is my first product review!!! Oh, my gosh.. I'm so excited~^o^~

I'm excited to write this review for 3 reasons; 1. It's my first mask review~ 2. because I love this product so much, like it's on my top favorites list. And, 3. because I'm glad to help you decide whether or not you should get it, and why you should ^^

The packaging for this mask has a picture of a rice bowl with some rice wheat. It claims that it contains rice extract to smoothen and brighten dull and rough skin.



When I went to The Face Shop that day, I specifically asked for a mask that works best for dry skin, and the lady who works their suggested this one. I didn't want to buy it in case it doesn't work -it happened twice before- so I asked for a sample mask, and got it!
That night after I washed my faced and toned it, I took the mask out of it's package and it looked something like this;
This is sorta sideways
That was the first time a mask didn't itch the slightest bit. So I considered it a good sign!

The thing about face masks, there are two types: The thin, cotton sheets that get soaked in serum or essence, with little holes for the eyes, nose, lips. *Taeyang reference. Anyone? >o<*
The other kind is a bit more expensive and is made out of either bio-cellulose or hydro-gel And needs to be washed off. We won't get into that.
Also, face masks have many purposes depends on what your goal is; hydration, brightening, nourishing, etc...

As I said in my Skin Care Tips post, face masks are to be used at least twice a week. They're something all Koreans swear by and use very often >.<

Facial masks generally stay on your skin for 10-20 minutes max. Don't let the mask dry out on your face!
They usually contain ingredients like seaweed, herbs, essential oils, and vitamins. After removing the cotton sheet, tap the serum into your skin until absorbed. Don't wash it off!!!


Now, back to this review~
I applied the mask, sat back, and watched Pinocchio for a good 15 minutes.
It did smell like chemicals, not like rice, but I tried to ignore that due to the fact that I don't even know what rice smells like >o<

Then I took it off.
I loved how my face didn't feel sticky or stuffy at all~ and with the remaining essence/serum, I tapped my face lightly until my skin didn't feel so oily. After that, I went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning my skin felt so smooth and bright like a little baby's skin! My cheeks where they're usually really red, they were light pink and soft and felt smooth like a baby's bum~


YAYs:
  • Face super soft and smooth after
  • Really did brighten skin.
  • Small package, easy to carry to places. (e.g. slumber parties -me and my friends love face masks during slumber parties-) ^o^
  • Deeply soaked with essence/serum.
  • Mask sheet fairly fits.
  • Pretty inexpensive >.<
Boos:
  • The chemical smell slightly distracting.
  • Availability. They run out so quickly and take a long time to re-stock. When I went to buy it again, they had ran out of the mask T~T
  • The packaging is unappealing. Like, if they hadn't recommended this to me I wouldn't go and think *OH, this rice mask looks so nice~ I wanna put rice extract on my face*
Would I repurchase?
  • Without hesitation! yes~
Rate:
☆☆☆☆/☆☆☆☆☆

I didn't give it a 5 because as I said, I tried it only once and when I went to repurchase I couldn't so I didn't get to use it multiple times. And having said that, I can't make any further observations about whether it had made my skin brighter or smoother, etc...

Lastly, I want to say that I love face masks. I really do. I find them really interesting and fun. They're useful and easy to use, and I used to put them on to relieve my stress ~>o<~










No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com